Langley Group is returning in 2018 as the Platinum Sponsor for Happiness & Its Causes - the world’s leading conference on happiness and wellbeing!
HAPPINESS & ITS CAUSES 2018
The 13th annual Happiness & Its Causes will be held on 25-26 June 2018 at the International Convention Centre, Sydney.
Sue Langley will once again take to the stage alongside over 40 international speakers to share tools and techniques for a happier life.
Sue’s topic? ‘Positive Psychology and Prada: Why money can buy happiness and why how you spend it matters.’
So what makes us happy? Is it an increase in our wealth and material trappings of success? Or a life rich in meaning that leads us to feel we are living the good life?
On the one hand, neuroscience shows that our brains light up when we discover something shiny, new and cool, yet our pursuit for status symbols and more ‘stuff’, doesn’t necessarily make us more satisfied with life. Instant gratification comes at a price.
Research also shows that people often revert back to previous levels of happiness after a financial windfall suchas a lottery win, while those who spend their money on experiences instead of material things ultimately value them more.
So how can we balance the two? Sue will enlighten you with her story and show you the science behind our pursuit of happiness.
Other cross-disciplinary speakers this year include:
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama live on stage with an amazing panel of speakers
- Richard J. Davidson acclaimed neuroscientist, USA
- Chade-Meng Tan, former Google Jolly Good Fellow, USA
- Kristin Neff, pioneering researcher into self-compassion, USA
- Paul Davies, celebrated cosmologist, USA
- Rasmus Hougaard, international expert in mindful leadership, USA & Denmark
- Roy Baumeister, one of the world’s most influential psychologists, Australia & USA
- Rosie Batty, Australian of the Year 2015 and domestic violence campaigner
- Kylie Kwong, celebrity chef and TV personality
- Indira Naidoo, distinguished broadcaster and sustainable food advocate
Sue and the Langley Group team will also be speaking in The Wellness Show seminar zone, the expo that runs alongside the conference. We will also have a stand at the expo, so come along and meet Sue and the Langley Group team!
As platinum sponsor, we’ve secured a special discount for our network – use VIP Discount Code 'TLG' when booking for an additional $100 off the Super Saver Sale price – that’s $300 off the standard price! Super Saver tickets are on sale now - get in quickly as there are only 250 tickets available at this discounted price.